- What is Projectmates Implementation?
- Reasons for Success:
- Use Projectmates from Day One
- Implementation Managed by Internal Teams, Not Outsourced
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) / Department Leaders Involved Throughout Implementation and Adoption
- Proof of Concept Role Play Project Life Cycle Workshop
- Train-the-Trainer Training Program
- Ongoing Support / Monitoring and Yearly Review
- What to Expect
- Phase 1 - Kickoff
- Phase 2 - Discovery
- Phase 3 - Configuration
- Phase 4 - Role Access Permissions
- Phase 5 - Proof of Concept and Refinements
- Phase 6 - Power User Training / External Partner Training and Go Live
- Phase 7 - Ensure Adoption and Clear ROI
- How to Prepare for Your Projectmates Implementation
What is Projectmates Implementation? #
The Projectmates construction management software implementation process has been refined over many years and has proven to be extremely fast and easy for our clients. Projectmates users have more success using our superior implementation program because:
Reasons for Success: #
- Use Projectmates from day one
- Implementations managed by experienced internal teams, not outsourced
- Subject Matter Expert / Department leaders involved throughout implementation and adoption
- Proof of Concept Role-play project lifecycle workshop
- Train-the-trainer training program
- Ongoing support and monitoring through adoption period and beyond
- Client Advisory board & yearly review
Use Projectmates from Day One #
You receive a login account the moment you kick off with Projectmates, as well as a sandbox project to get you familiar with the different tools the software has to offer. We also set up a project specifically to manage the implementation of Projectmates for your organization. This project is used to share files, schedules, and tasks to make sure the implementation goes smoothly and efficiently.
Implementation Managed by Internal Teams, Not Outsourced #
Projectmates implementation is managed by dedicated internal teams. The average employment of our implementation/support personnel is seven years, meaning you get an experienced project team focused on your success.
Subject Matter Expert (SME) / Department Leaders Involved Throughout Implementation and Adoption #
The implementation team will work with you to identify the best subject matter experts in your organization. Representatives will interact with the software to ensure it’s configured to meet any unique needs.
These advocates will keep your implementation moving forward.
Proof of Concept Role Play Project Life Cycle Workshop #
It’s roleplay time. The implementation team will simulate the different defined workflows and processes in your unique Projectmates instance to confirm they meet your organizational needs.
This practice ensures the system is optimized for you prior to more in-depth training.
Train-the-Trainer Training Program #
We personally train your key internal players while offering supplemental web training for consultants and contractors as well. Detailed training for site administrators ensures they can train others in your organization whenever they need.
And with custom help guides and videos, any new users can be onboarded quickly.
Ongoing Support / Monitoring and Yearly Review #
Your implementation team will be providing escalated support, as well as checking in on a scheduled basis to make sure Projectmates is meeting your expectations. They will also provide you with a yearly report on your usage and give suggestions on how to get the most out of Projectmates.
What to Expect #
Systemates’ sole business is developing, implementing, and supporting Projectmates construction program management software for organizations such as yours. Our implementation team listens to your needs and prioritizes solving the issues you are currently facing.
Projectmates clients receive substantial value from our aggressive implementation efforts and dedicated implementation resources.
Unlike other systems that can require many months or even years to implement, Projectmates is typically deployed within 3-6 months from kickoff, depending on the scope. This allows you to see a much faster return on your investment.
What Happens Once I Purchase? #
Once you have purchased Projectmates, your sales representative will schedule a kickoff call between your team and your implementation team. Your Projectmates implementation team will then begin assisting you with the on-boarding process.
The Projectmates implementation is typically broken down into six major milestones.
Major Milestones to the Projectmates Implementation #
- Discovery workshop
- Proof of Concept workshop
- Power user training
- Go live
- Continuous monitoring and support
Phase 1 - Kickoff #
Initial Configuration #
- Projectmates installed and QA process completed
- Customized & branded portal page created for client
- Discovery workshops scheduled, Projectmates implementation team meets with client SMEs
- Pre-discovery project documents sent to implementation lead
- Implementation project and sandbox project created
- Initial list of client users accounts added
- Client process documents reviewed
Phase 2 - Discovery #
Online Discovery #
- Online discovery workshops with Projectmates implementation team and client SMEs
- Initial list of existing projects identified to transition to Projectmates (Pilot if possible)
- List of initial internal/external users identified
Communication Plans #
- Onboarding and communication plan finalized
- Projectmates introduction email sent to internal stakeholders, with features/benefits
- Projectmates introduction email sent to external partners
- Get leadership involved in communications to build more buy-in
- Detailed discovery notes published to Implementation project
- Draft SOP (standard operating procedures) document established
Phase 3 - Configuration #
- Discuss detailed discovery notes
- Identify open action items
- Set online configuration sessions
Configuration Sessions #
- Configuration sessions with implementation teams, SMEs to customize Projectmates based of Discovery sessions
- Template configuration
- Draft standard operating procedures modified and published based on configuration sessions
Phase 4 - Role Access Permissions #
- Discuss progress
- Identify open action items
- Discuss roles/access rights
Set Access Rights #
- Templates configured with appropriate access rights
- Costing and other approvals setup
Finalize Draft Procedures #
- Finalize draft standard operating procedures document, distribute to team, create link in Projectmates
- Schedule internal power user training
Phase 5 - Proof of Concept and Refinements #
Proof of Concept #
- Workshop to role play and simulate processes
- Review standard operating procedures, gain signoff from team
- Make any necessary tweaks and changes to site and template
- Selected projects added to Projectmates
Introductory Webinar #
- Internal power users’ introduction training webinar on 101 functionalities
Phase 6 - Power User Training / External Partner
Training and Go Live #
Power User Training #
- Online training with key internal users
- Hands-on training with assignments
- Sessions attended will depend on the users need based on features
- Training on reporting functionality at the program level
- In-depth training for project and site administrators
External Partner Training #
- Online training for key external partners
- Separate trainings for Architects and Engineers, General Contractors
- Trainings are recorded and uploaded to Projectmates for future onboarding
Go Live #
- Internal teams to immediately start managing selected projects in Projectmates
- Client implementation team and administrators to take the lead
Phase 7 - Ensure Adoption and Clear ROI #
Ensure Adoption #
- Live support and constant monitoring for initial actions taken within system
- Ensure that internal and external users can comfortably utilize the system
- Schedule impromptu training sessions as the client feels necessary to review processes
Clear Return on Investment #
- Touch-base meetings to review progress
- Highlight key ROI points
- Client will receive a clear picture on time being saved, data being consolidated, human error being minimized, and much more
- Discuss how to further improve the system and increase efficiency
Continued Partnership #
- Client will be notified of enhancements and new features as they are introduced
- Webinars to introduce new features and generate discussion between fellow clients on best practices
- Annual meetings to ensure client satisfaction and sustained ROI
How to Prepare for Your Projectmates Implementation #
- Think about the key people from your organization you would want to be part of your internal implementation team. Try to keep this team small, typically 6-8 people. Make sure those members are decision makers who can help provide direction and the leadership to help drive adoption.
- Look at your current processes and start to collect typical dates you track. Collect your typical budget templates, as well as note how you currently organize your documents. The Projectmates implementation team will want to review these documents before the discovery meeting.