What Is the Bids and Plan Room Feature? #
The Projectmates bids and plan room allows users easy access to posted bid info, documents, SOV breakdowns, addendums, and RFI responses directly in the system. This enables users on both sides of the bid to communicate in one central location.
Reviewing Bids and Downloading Documents #
All bid information and documentation is easily accessible directly from the bids and plan room log page. The steps necessary to access bids and their contents are outlined below.
- From the left side menu bar open the menu for Bids/Plan Room and the My Bids section will load automatically for you.
- To review a bids details and documents, click on the bid from the log page.
- You can see some basic bid detail from the log page such as due date, addendums, and QA.
- The bid details provided by the owner will be listed on the bid details page including primary contacts for the project.
- Scroll down to view and download the bid documents.
- To participate in the bid, click on the blue Subscribe button located in the upper right-hand corner. This will produce additional tabs across the top for Bid RFIs, Addendums, Adding Bid Amounts, etc.
Submitting Bid RFIs #
Once subscribed to a bid the option for Bid RFIs will display across the top bar of the bid sheet. Here bidders will be able to submit questions as well as review responses to previously asked and answered questions.
- To access bids that you have already subscribed to, click on the cyclone next to Type at the top of the bid log page. Select the option for My Bids to filter to only bids you have subscribed to/want to participate in.
- Bids you have subscribed to will display with a gold star on the left-hand side.
- Open the bid and navigate to the Bid RFIs tab. Here you will see any previously asked and answered questions.
- RFIs are anonymous and will not display until an answer has been provided by the project team.
- To submit an RFI click on the +Question button located in the upper right-hand corner.
- Enter your question into the text box.
- You can attach documents at the bottom to be included with your RFI.
- When you’re ready to Submit your question, click the submit button.
Bid RFIs DO NOT show up on the log page until a response has been issued. RFIs not showing up after submitting them is expected behavior. This is in order to keep the log page organized with concise responses to questions that may be asked multiple times.
Owners can notify bid subscribers / invitees via email when posting responses.
Submitting Costs and Submitting Files #
When participating in a bid you will be able to submit your own documents along with your bid amounts an SOV produced by the owner. Bids will have a tab for Your Files and Your Bid Amounts.
Uploading Your Files #
- Open the bid and navigate to the Your Files tab.
- Click on the icon or drag and drop your filed in to file manager.
- Be sure and click the Save button in the upper right-hand corner to save the files that you uploaded before moving to another tab or leaving the bid.
Adding Your Bid Amounts #
- Open the Your Bid Amounts tab.
- The bid package will display below.
- Click on the edit pen icon located to the right of the Bid Amount column to see the SOV break down.
- Enter you bid amounts next to the corresponding line item.
- Be sure to click the Apply button located at the bottom of the page before closing or leaving the bid amounts window.
Note: Bid amounts can be added and edited as needed while the bid remains open.
Formally Submitting Your Bid #
- Open the Submit Your Bid tab.
- Add any additional details to your submission in the notes section.
- Click the blue Submit button in the upper right-hand corner to formally send your response to the owner.
Note: You can still adjust your amounts or add documents at any point until the bid closes.