What is the Meeting Minutes Feature? #
Projectmates cloud-based Meeting Minutes tool is a simple, yet critical module for managing all project-related Meetings from the planning stage to the closeout of a project. Meeting Minutes allow users to track minutes, and assign follow-up tasks to specific team members. The team can track due dates, status and completed dates, as well as distribute those minutes to attendees and others via automatic email.
Creating Meetings #
A project’s Meetings can be accessed by navigating to the project through the My Projects page.
- Once inside of a project, the Documents tool can be found on the left-side menu by clicking Tasks > Meeting Minutes. From there, select the appropriate meeting type.
- Once inside the desired meeting group, click the + Meeting button found on the upper right to begin creating a new meeting (Please note: you may only have one draft meeting at a time. If you have one in draft status, you must finalize the meeting before creating a new meeting).
- In the new meeting page, add the Meeting Date/Time and the Place of the Meeting.
- In the new meeting page, select the Attendees of the meeting.
- If you have other attendees that are not users in the project, input their email address under the other attendee’s Check the Send email to attendees when finalized to automatically send the final meeting minutes automatically to the attendees.
- Click the Save as Draft button to save your changes.
- Once your draft is saved, click the Topics and Discussions tab to begin recording the meeting notes.
Creating and Editing Topics #
- Once inside a draft meeting, the Topics and Discussions tab can be accessed at the top of the draft meeting.
- To create a new topic, click the + button in the top left corner. Enter the name of the topic and click the save button. The new topic, will automatically be given a number once added.
- To Edit the name of a topic, click the topic name. This will allow you to make changes. Click the floppy disk icon to save the changes. Any topic created or kept active will carry to each future meeting.
Creating and Editing Discussions and Assigning Resources #
- To create a new discussion within a topic, click the + Discussion link to the right of the Topic name.
- This will open up the Discussion window. Enter in the detailed notes of the discussion. Optionally, the user can attach a document, assign responsibility and due date. Click Save to add this discussion to the topic. Any topic kept active (not closed) will carry to future meetings.
- Once saved, the discussion will be shown added to the topic. To edit an existing discussion. Click the pencil icon to the right of the existing discussion. Make the necessary changes and click save. Any resource assignments will appear in the assigned users My Work Area once the meeting is finalized.
Completing Resource Assignments #
If an item is assigned to a user, that user can open click the Mark as Complete toggle, to complete that item and remove from their My Work Area. It will also insert a comment, stating the item is completed.
Closing a Discussion #
Any Discussion kept active (not closed) will carry to future meetings. To close a discussion, click the triple dot icon to the right of the discussion and click close discussion. This will flag the item as closed for future meetings.
Closing a Topic #
Any Topic kept active (not closed) will carry to future meetings. To close a Topic, click the close topic item to the right of the topic. This close the topic and any of its discussions for future meetings.
Save and Finalize a Meeting #
To finalize a meeting, locking it as a historical record, and assigning action items, click the save and publish button in the upper right corner of the meeting. Any finalized meeting cannot be edited; however, an Addendum may be added to a meeting.
Creating an Addendum #
- To create an addendum to a meeting, open the meeting and click the + addendum meeting in the upper right corner of the meeting.
From the create addendum screen, enter the description. Optionally, you may select an attachment and choose to notify users of the new addendum published. Click save and finalize, then confirm to publish the addendum.