What is the Project Users and Project Contacts Feature? #
The My Team/My Contacts directory is a dynamic list of contact information for all of the project team members and contacts associated with your project.
- The Project Users area displays the contact information of fellow users in your project.
- The Project Contacts area displays the contact information of project contacts-individuals or companies who are important to the project, but are not necessarily users.
- Project users and important project contacts are listed in this searchable and filterable area.
- Contacts can be copied in to multiple projects and shared.
- Users can quickly download virtual business cards to import them into outlook.
- Changes made by project team members on their user profile will automatically update their My Team directory.
A project’s My Team directory can be accessed by navigating to the project through the My Projects page. Once inside of a project, the My Team can be found on the left-side menu by clicking My Team, and then clicking Project Contacts or Project Users depending on which individual’s contact information you want to find.
Adding a Contact to a Project #
If a contact from another project you are in is not present in the current project you are in, and you believe it would benefit the team to include them, then the contact can be added using the Existing Contact button while inside of the Project Contacts page.
Search by the contact’s first, last, or company name. Check the box next to the contact(s) you wish to add (several can be added at once), then click Add To Project. This contact will now be visible to other users when accessing the Project Contacts area of this project.
Removing a Contact from a Project #
If you have the access to do so and want to remove a contact from displaying in a project, then check the box next to the contact’s name and click Delete. Click Yes in the following popup window to confirm your action.
Downloading a Contact Card #
A VCF file of a contact or user can be generated to import into your email software, such as Microsoft Outlook.
In the Project Contacts or Project Users area, click the Triple Dots Icon next to an individual, then click the Download VCard button. This will download a VCF file of the team member to your computer that can be imported into a separate software.