What is the Invoice Feature? #
Projectmates Invoice feature allows for the intake of invoices and pay apps in a collaborative system that provides the team on the ground with a consistently up to date overview of project spend.
Invoices Navigation #
Invoices are located in the cost tracking section of the project, but they are hosted in their own menu separate from the contracts and change orders.
- Open up the project you want to work in.
- Click on the Cost Tracking option located on the left-hand menu.
- Select the menu labeled Invoice.
- The invoice log will prioritize invoices in draft mode and invoices pending approval.
- To locate approved invoices, rejected invoices, or to see all invoices click on the funnel icon in the approvals tab and select an option.
Creating Invoices #
The steps for creating invoices are similar to those for change order creation. One key difference is that invoices can be created against a contract or as an uncommitted item.
- From the invoice log page click the option for in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select the appropriate item from the first drop-down menu on the form.
- Select your awarded contract to bill against your awarded SOVs.
- Select uncommitted item if you need to bill for a product or services that do not have a commitment in Projectmates. This will require you to fill in all details on the general and items tabs.
- Fill in the pay period your invoice. This is a required field.
- Enter in the time frame of work you are billing for.
- If this not your first invoice against a contract, the From Date will auto-populate based on the To Date of the previous invoice.
- Click Save and Next to go to the Items tab.
- Here you will see the original SOV from your contract along with any previously approved change orders. Enter in the work completed or materials stored.
- The sum of previous payments will display to the left of entry fields.
- The sum of previous and current payments will display to the right.
- Save and Next to get to the Attachment tab. Upload any required back up documentation for the invoice.
- Save and Next to get to the Approval tab. Select your approval path from the drop-down menu.
- Click Start Approval to initiate the workflow.
Note: if you do not click start approval then the invoice will remain pending.